Notarial services (legalising papers) in Australia

Notarial services (legalising papers) in Australia

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) provides some notarial solutions in Australia. We deliver these solutions through the mail and also at Australian Passport Offices.

Explore this site for information regarding:

These pages is actually for individuals who desire a document legalised in Australia, to make use of offshore. If you are currently offshore, see notarial solutions overseas.

Do i must get my documents legalised?

DFAT can not let you know in the event that you must get the documents legalised. You need to ask the authority that is overseas asked for your document.

What this means is contacting the in-patient, company, organization, academic organization or government agency straight. Question them in the event that you must ensure you get your document legalised before they're going to accept it.

Papers we could legalise in Australia

We are able to just legalise Australian documents that are public

  • Originals granted by Australian federal federal government agencies or officials
  • Originals released by Australian tertiary education organizations
  • Copies notarised by Australian Notary Publics

We can not legalise any kind of papers in Australia.

Find out about papers we are able to legalise.

Getting your write-ups legalised in Australia

Step one: ready your papers

Follow these actions before you request our solutions.

  1. Ask the authority that is overseas documents you'll need legalised. DFAT can not counsel you things you need legalised to make use of an additional nation.
  2. Verify the documents meet the criteria for legalising by DFAT. If lovoo in question, contact us first.
  3. Determine if you'll require either an apostille or a verification for the papers.
  4. Gather your write-ups.
  5. In case your document just isn't an original Australian general public document, go to an Australian Notary Public become notarised.

Action 2: demand our services in Australia

We are able to legalise your documents in Australia by mail or in individual.